Careers at Macro
Freedom. Impact. Community.
We're building a free and open productivity suite that brings together design, AI, and a modern stack. Our goal is build the best document apps that will touch the lives of billions of people.
Our Vision and Product
Over three billion people use office software that is closed source, mediocre, and clunky. The latent human suffering and waste created by these 1990s and 2000s era tools is immense. As engineers, we’ve understood that the status quo of dealing with documents is like trying to write code in a vanilla text editor instead of an IDE. We believe re-inventing these core tools is the most important software problem to work on in 2023. Join us in our quest to break a $60 billion duopoly, work on the hardest technology problems, and build a product that touches billions; from individuals across the world to the world’s largest companies, many of which are already our customers.
We are a New York based startup backed by some of the top venture capital firms in the US. We fully support working remotely. We are super excited to build out a team of passionate, creative, and caring people who want to change the world. If you resonate with all of this, let's talk!
Software EngineerNew York CityWaterlooWe are looking for frontend and full-stack engineers to join our growing team. If you are passionate about building beautiful products, interested in taking lead roles in engineering projects, and have experience building things from the ground up, let's talk!Qualifications
- A bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- A strong background developing with React, Typescript, or C++
- 2+ years of relevant experience
General ApplicationNew York CityIf you're interested in what we're building here but don't see a role that fits your background, we'd still love to hear from you! Send us an email with your resume or LinkedIn profile and include a short intro about yourself. Our team will reach out to connect with you if we have a role that is a good match!
Work and Learn with the Best
- We've assembled a close-knit, incredibly talented team. We want our early employees to contribute to our vibrant culture and grow with us.
Unlimited Paid Time Off
- We strive to optimize for the long term success, health, and happiness of every employee, and that means taking time off whenever you need it.
- At least twice a year, we plan week-long company retreats, fully paid for by us. As things open up, we're excited to explore more places around the world together!
Freedom to Work How You Want
- We encourage you to work in whatever way makes you the most productive and happy, which might mean remotely. If you're excited to work in person, we have a beautiful office in SoHo.