Do you want an easy step-by-step guide on how to edit a PDF in Word?
With the many elements in different tabs on Microsoft Word, it can be a hassle for you to navigate around and edit your documents quickly.
In this article, you will learn how to edit PDF files in Microsoft Word.
How to edit PDFs in Word
Microsoft Word is a word-processing program that enables the creation and editing of simple and complex documents.
Follow the steps below to edit PDFs in Word.
Step #1. Launch Microsoft Word on your PC and go to File › Open
Open Microsoft Word on your PC. Once logged in, choose any file; it can be in PDF format or an editable Word document.
Note👀: If you downloaded the PDF file from the web, it'll usually be in your downloads folder.
Step #2. Click OK to open the file
When you open a PDF, Word must convert it to a format it can display. This might take a few moments or longer, depending on the PDF’s size.
You'll get a notification when PDFs need to be converted. Choose the editable option once the notification pops up – click OK.
Step #3. Edit text
You can edit text on any page of the PDF file in Word. With the Home tab, you can choose from text editing and formatting options.
Step #4. Edit Graphics
If you want to add images or charts to your file, click the Insert tab. You can also remove the existing graphics for easier reading and printing or move them to other sections.
- To add an image, click the Insert menu, select Pictures, and then choose the location of the image you want to add. Please select the image and choose Open to place it in the document.
- To move an image, click and drag it to the desired position.
- To delete an image, click it once to select it, and then press delete or delete on your keyboard.
Step #5. Save your work
- Go to file > Save As.
- Select where you want to save your document, like OneDrive.
- In the Save As type box, choose PDF (*.pdf).
- Select Save, and your file will be downloaded.
Read and edit documents faster with Macro
Choosing the right PDF editing tool can be difficult with so many options – but it doesn’t have to be!
Macro is an all-in-one Word and PDF editor that legal professionals use to draft, review, edit, and compare legal documents.
It is trusted by the world’s top banks, law firms, investors, and Fortune 500 companies.
Macro has all the editing functionalities you need from a PDF editor, plus… ⬇️
- AI-powered error detection helps you avoid making costly mistakes when writing or finalizing legal documents.
- Document interlinking to let you read definitions by clicking on terms.
- Automated bookmarks for faster document navigation.
- Top-of-the-line editing, highlighting and annotation options.
- The ability to compare multiple documents and run redlines.